What we covered so far ?
In my previous post I covered the reasons why software quality metrics should be collected and why improvements to the code should be made based on those metrics. In this post I’ll be illustrating how Sonar can fulfill the job of collecting metrics and driving decisions.
Sonar goes beyond just collecting and displaying metrics:
- Sonar can answer the following questions:
- What are our most critical code quality issues?
- Where is the highest concentration of code issues?
- How many working hours will it take to fix the issues?
- What does the metrics trend look like over the past year?
- Sonar can be used to track work tickets assigned to team members.
In short, Sonar helps us analyze the situation, take actions, and quantify the improvement.